Crystal was incredibly helpful through the entire process. If I ever had a question she would go to any length to get the answer. Always on time and has an incredibly great attitude. I wouldn't hesitate referring Crystal to anyone needing to find a new home!
~ Rory L.
Kansas City, Kansas Homes
Kansas City, Missouri Homes
Lake Quivira Homes
Mission Hills Homes
Mission Woods Homes
Overland Park Homes
Prairie Village Homes
Roeland Park Homes
Spring Hill Homes
Westwood Hills Homes
The story of The Heritage Home Team begins several years ago with a young woman who had a passion for personal finance. Crystal wanted to learn how the average American grew their wealth. What her studies always brought her back to was that Americans that owned homes were wealthier and more ‘comfortable’ then Americans that did not own their own home.
But, it’s not just about moving into any home. It’s about finding a home of good quality in a good area that will continue to appreciate year after year. This is what Crystal and The Heritage Home Team pride themselves in: finding a good quality home, in the target price range, in the available time frame.
How does this apply to you, the seller? Whether in a seller’s OR buyer’s market the best way to sell your home is by appealing to potential buyers; to make sure they can see themselves living in your home, not wondering who currently lives there. My job is not only to help you price and market your home aggressively – it is also to view your home through the eyes of a buyer, from the very beginning.
The Heritage Home Team also prides itself in being ‘green’. You’d be amazed at how wasteful a life on the go can be. The Heritage Home Team drives hybrid cars, only prints when needed – and double sided if possible, saves files in electronic format instead of paper format, shys away from prepackaged products, and is learning how to be greener every day. The little things add up!
With the days getting colder and shorter, many people want to stay cocooned inside their homes. Here are a few energy-saving tips to make your home as cozy as possible!
1. Clean dirty light fixtures and dusty bulbs to make your home appear 30% brighter without turning on extra lights.
2. Seal air leaks. Windows and doors aren’t the only places where air can sneak in. Make sure to check around recessed lights, electrical boxes and wall outlets. You can use a scented candle to spot the drafty areas and you’ll also send a nice aroma through your home at the same time!
3. Replace your traditional gas or wood fireplace. Why would you do this? Well, both types take your heated, indoor air and send it out into the night. A gel fireplace insert is eco-friendly that produces a burning fire without gas, wood, or electricity. You don’t even need a chimney! It also emits fewer allergens and is smoke-free. A basic model starts around $130 and goes up from there and a case of fuel comes with 12 cans that burn for three hours each (costs roughly $36 for a case).
4. Some indoor plants, like golden pothos and gerbera daisies, are great at sucking up VOCs (vapors emitted from household cleaners, paints and dry cleaning). They also help decrease household dust because they increase humidity levels.
5. Vacuum while your thermostat is set to “fan on.” This helps filter dust that gets kicked-up while cleaning. Just leave the fan on for about 15 minutes after you finish vacuuming and switch back to “auto” afterward.
6. Change your HVAC filter every couple of months (monthly if you have pets). This prevents excess dust from circulating.
7. Make your windows extra clean. Clean glass lets in more natural light and helps fight the winter doldrums.
8. Take off your window screens. They trap dirt and can make your home look darker on the inside.
9. Paint chilly rooms (north-facing walls) that don’t typically get a lot of sunlight with reds, oranges or yellows. They will make the room feel warmer.
Or if you’d rather move to a new home before the winter blues hit, let us know! We’d love to help you find the perfect home. Please contact us if you have any questions.
We had a spectacular Viva Las Vegas VIP event – our first annual Movies in Moonlight. Thank you to EVERYONE that joined us – our clients and friends!! It was a perfect October night, not a cloud in the sky – but a little chilly if I do say so myself… With a jumbo, inflatable movie screen, all you could eat food, a photo booth and popcorn machine, we were all set for a movie under the stars.
The night started off with glow sticks and a photo booth. We had a all kinds of fun food to choose from: sandwiches, fruit, vegetables, snacks and plenty of beverages. During the double feature presentation, we had candy and freshly popped popcorn for everyone to enjoy. When our guests left, they took a jumbo water-proof picnic blanket away with them.
We hope to see you next year at our second annual Movies in Moonlight! And remember, invite all your friends and family to join us – they just need to buy or sell a house in 2015! If there’s anyway we can help you so you can be invited next year, please contact us, we would love to help!!